Hey guys.It's obvious we have come to point where we have to embrace our hair and the elegance that comes with it.It's amazing how we ladies with wonderful hair types applying destructive chemicals unknowingly to our hair., although i have heard the reasons a few of us give...Here are some: "go natural?!!...no, i'll look funny". Others say "No, my hair is just too full and coarse, i wont be able to handle the volume and insane texture,especially when i have to get up early for work"..Don't fret ladies. It can all be handled,what's most important is having your mind made up to commence the natural hair journey. I just began the journey and trust me, i have no regrets.
So we have decided to begin this natural hair session on NaijaCynth's Blog and I'm sure
you'll have a fun ride.But first here are some tips i'll leave you with and these are wonderful tips I fell in love with, on Pintrest.
- THOU SHALT BE PATIENT
- THOU SHALT MANIPULATE HAIR AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE: Don't disturb your hair with excessive styling most especially when you are transitioning from permed hair to natural hair.
- THOU SHALT USE FINGERS TO DETANGLE AND STYLE
- THOU SHALT NOT HOPE FOR A SPECIFIC CURL PATTERN
- THOU SHALT AVOID THE TEMPTATION OF HEAT /FLAT IRON TO BLEND BOTH TEXTURES(For transitioning hairs)
- THOU SHALT EMBRACE SHRINKAGE: Your hair is bound to shrink when it starts getting natural, so don"t freak out, it doesn't mean it's the actual length.
- THOU SHALT PAY ATTENTION TO THE LINE OF DEMARCATION: This is for the ladies transitioning, you need to pay attention to the line seperating the natural hair (under growth) and the permed tips, so as to mark the progress of the natural hair growth.
- THOU SHALT NOT OBSESS OVER LOST LENGTH: It's the stabbing truth, the permed hair is bound to break and fall off.It's even adviced that you trim it off to make the transitioning speedy.
- THOU SHALT CHOOSE ORGANIC HAIR CARE PRODUCTS: Hair care products like shea butter (ori) , coconut oil, jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) are good hair conditioners and oils that protect the scalp and hair strands.
- THOU SHALT NOT BIG CHOP YOUR HAIR (LOW CUT) UNTIL ABSOLUTELY READY.
I'll be back tomorrow with more tips on Natural hair care journey,till then, stay safe and love yourself!